ToolShed, by SymbiAutic, Corp. Last Updated: September 28, 2017
We, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, collect, process, or retain Personal Information from you and any devices you may use when you use our Services. The Personal Information we collect may include the following:
1. User Provided. Personal Information you give us either manually or automatically (“User Contributions”) when you access our Services. We may also collect any other Personal Information you choose to provide us, or that we are permitted or required to collect by law.
a. Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, or email addresses when you register for an account with us;
b. Information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate, or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in, such as listing an tool or borrowing a tool from one of our users, adding items to your Favorites, creating reviews, or uploading Photos;
c. Financial information (such as payment card numbers) in connection with a potential or actual transaction;
d. In some instances, when you use our Services, we may ask you to provide us a photograph and/or other demographic information, a scanned copy of driver’s license, passport, or credit/debit card, last four digits of your Social Security number, social insurance number, utility bill, employment information, social media account information, driver’s/motor vehicle record, insurance information, and other forms of identification. Where we request that you withhold certain information when providing us with personally identifiable information (such as obscuring or redacting all but the last four digits of your payment card number), please do so.
2. From Third Parties. For example, if you choose to engage a third party consulting company to deploy or provide technical support for our Services.
3. Automatically Through Use of our Services. We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, your marketing preferences, and your communications with us. This information may include device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and/or unique device token. We collect computer and connection information such as statistics on your page-views, browser type, date and time of the visit, traffic to and from our Platform, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and your browsing history on our Service. Log information is important for security, audit, quality improvement, as well as for monitoring the safety of our Services. When you download and use our mobile application, we, and our service providers, may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the ToolShed app based on your device ID.
4. Customer Service Call Recordings. If you communicate with customer service via telephone, we may record your telephone call for quality assurance, documentation, recordkeeping, and/or training purposes. If you do not wish to have your telephone call recorded, please do not communicate with us via telephone and instead communicate with customer support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Cookies and Web Beacons. When you access our Platform, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, “Flash cookies”, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively "Cookies"). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize our Services, for content and marketing; to measure promotional effectiveness; to help ensure that your account security is not compromised; to mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our Services.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide our users with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. For example, we may use your Personal Information to:
· operate and improve our Services, including by enabling us to (a) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests, and (b) recognize you when you return to our Services;
· provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including update, expiration and renewal notices, and to respond when you contact us;
· provide ToolShed Services and customer support;
· verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
· resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
· help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies;
· manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
· improve the Services by customizing your user experience;
· measure the performance of the Services and improve our content and layout;
· manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
· provide targeted marketing, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
· contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our Terms of Service;
· perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
· endeavor to verify your identity, through the use of a background check or otherwise;
· carry out any other purpose which is disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
· carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, may contact you via electronic means, telephone, or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts, and promotions, and inform you about ToolShed Services. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages as described in our Terms of Service. Where applicable and required by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
You have a choice about how we use your Personal Information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, and how we provide you with a customized experience. You can control the methods by which we may contact you about your account, your sharing activities, promotions, and announcements in the Notifications section within your ToolShed account.
We retain your Personal Information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain Personal Information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, detect or prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, assist with or process claims, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, comply with audits and investigation, to enforce our Terms of Service, and take other actions reasonably necessary, permitted, or required by applicable law.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding our Services when you access and use the Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique Cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags).
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received or change your Communication Preferences within your ToolShed account settings. Where you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, you may still receive certain transactional and operational emails communications from us.
At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do-Not-Track’ signals.
When you sign in to our Services, including through a social network login such as Facebook or Google, you will stay logged on/signed in until you explicitly sign out of your account. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your Cookies when you are done using our Platform in order to protect your account and your Personal Information. If you do not sign out, you or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access your account, including your social media accounts.
You can access, review, correct, update, and edit certain Personal Information that has been previously provided to us by you at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. If you wish to close your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping, trust and safety, or other business purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We may disclose personal and aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Your public listing page will always include some basic information, such as your user ID/name associated with your account, your public profile photo, and for owners, the city where your tool is located, your listing description, your calendar availability, and your responsiveness in replying to inquiries and reviews/feedback from others users of our Services. Your public listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Our Services may also display an owner’s tool’s approximate distance from a user, such that a user can get the general area of the tool that is available for use.
ToolShed enables tool owners to offer and share their tools with other individuals. If you agree to a sharing transaction through the Services, we may provide your Personal Information to the other party in that transaction as reasonably necessary to facilitate the transaction. For example, ToolShed may provide your mobile phone number to facilitate communication or your photograph to facilitate identification. We will provide the address of the tool and/or the proposed delivery location. ToolShed users engaged in a sharing transaction with you may send you text message (such as to confirm pickup or delivery location). Standard telephone minute and text and data charges may apply.
We may share Personal Information with vendors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, or third parties who are engaged by, or working with, us in connection with the operation of our Services and customer support functions and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. In some cases, the service provider may be directly collecting the information from you on our behalf.
ToolShed may compile aggregate information about the use of the Services. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services. ToolShed may also share aggregate demographic information with advertisers and partners. This policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information that does not identify any individual.
We may disclose your Personal Information, that we collect or you provide, to other members of the ToolShed corporate family or to third parties as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
· under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
· to comply with legal process;
· to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
· to enforce our Terms of Service and related Policies;
· to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or users;
· to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others;
· to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we or our users may sustain;
· and to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
We may share information to a buyer or other successor, in accordance with our privacy standards and applicable law, in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
We take measures to ensure adequate safeguards for personal information and that your personal information is stored and processed in compliance with this Policy and applicable laws, and in an effort to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration while it is under our control. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
We are not responsible for any unauthorized disclosure of personal or other information caused by any third party. You can exercise choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following are some of the ways you can protect the confidentiality of Personal Information:
· keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Your account information is accessible online and through the mobile app through the use of a password. You are responsible for all uses of our web site and app by any person using your password or your account. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with this clause, or for any delay in shutting down your account after you have reported a breach of security to us;
· if you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, we make ways available for you to communicate this preference;
· review and change personal information in your account and profile(s) by visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you end your use of our Services, the personal information stored in your account will be removed, but non-personal information and contributions you have made over time to the Services (such as your answers to surveys or questions) may be retained as we may use the information in our research and operation and development of the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the contact address below.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information unless specifically requested (e.g., Social Security numbers, social insurance numbers, passports, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union membership or other beliefs, health, biometrics, or genetic characteristics) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
This section describes some additional important privacy information related to your use of our Services.
You may use the Personal Information that you have access to only for ToolShed transaction-related purposes, or for other services offered through ToolShed (such as complaints, claims reporting, dispute resolution, and user-to-user communications). Using Personal Information of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our Terms of Service. You are solely responsible for your use of any Personal Information you find on our Platform.
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call, or send them text messages for commercial purposes, send spam, or invite/engage in off-ToolShed transactions to avoid paying ToolShed’s fees in whole or in part.
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Services.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner and any third parties you deal with or whose sites you visit before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
ToolShed welcomes your questions and comments about privacy, and what we do. Please feel free to contact us by submitting a Contact Us form on our website or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for using ToolShed!